Thursday, September 19, 2013

Androids with a Side of Aliens

Everyone loves some good Science Fiction, no?
My most recent book, Feedback turned out to be as good as I thought it was going to be. So I am now in the mood to give a report on how it turned out. There were parts that I didn't like as much, as there are in most books, but overall, it was a great read.

Robinson Wells crafted this book in a very unique way that continues his first book, Variant. If you haven't read that one, you can't read this one. The story is full of discovery, and Benson and Becky know exactly where to find things out. The little town that they could see from the third floor windows of the Maxfield Academy. The town is filled with people with implants. What?! For those who want to read these books, I'm trying not t reveal too much information about what is in this town. It would ruin the story otherwise ☺.

There is always a way to escape, no one knows it though. The kids with implants can't leave town, and there is seemingly no way out of it either. So when Becky is kidnapped to go back to the academy, Benson leads a head on assault against it. In other words, he goes back and tries to save her, and then tells the rest of the people at the town to get underground where they can't be tracked.

That is the least of his worries when he gets trapped.

I loved this book, but I am warning you, you have to read it's counterpart for it to all make sense. The story seems to hurtle you through a series of events. It's fast paced and exciting. If you want to know just how exciting I think it is, then you will have to read it yourself.


3 comments:

  1. Sounds like an incredibly interesting book! I'll have to check out it's companion, but it's probably going on my to-read list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like sci- fi books too!!!!! This book sounds extremely interesting and the plot sounds very unique. Your blog was gave the general gist of the book without giving too much away. By the way, I like the background of you blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I greatly enjoy sci fi books and find them very interesting. This book to me sounds like a great read and a great use of my time. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete